Thursday, April 12, 2012

...nearly 6 months later...

Well, it's been a while since I've updated. So long, in fact, that Google has completely taken over the Blogger experience! I'm going to have to get used to this new layout.

Anyway, HI! I'm very sorry for not updating sooner. I know a lot of readers have been wanting details that were only teased about in earlier posts. Lots of life has been happening since the wedding - work's been eating up a LOT of time (recently got a promotion and raise!), Douglas worked his way through two more internships, there were holidays, thank you cards (almost halfway done!), a birth (not ours - Hi, Ava!), and general day-to-day events.

Now that things are quieting down a bit, I'm going to try to get some of the recaps up.

The first place we'll start is the dress. You'll remember the fun designs we checked out during our two dress shop visits: Post 1 and Post 2.

As a quick refresher, this was the runner up dress:

Loved that dress, but it definitely wasn't my wedding dress.

This was the dress that was virtually identical to my wedding dress except for the top.
HATED this dress. This was 2nd to last one I tried on.

Last dress I tried on. Identical to the last one but w/different top. 

Yup - the last dress I tried on, the one pulled by the lady at the shop who was helping us "just to try", was my wedding dress:

Wonder Woman pose (had no idea how to put on tiara)

My wonderful helpers (Janice, Mom, & Aunt Sherry)!

The dress - sample

The Whole Shebang!



1 comment: